Jan 25, 2007

Computer Troubles

______________________________
About my computer...

After I had signed up for ADM hosting, I was trying to find the place to upload everything, so I asked someone on Newgrounds, the guy who told me about ADM in the first place. He then sent me a link to a file that I was supposed to install a program to help upload my stuff, and me, being in a rush as usual, just clicked the link (I later found out it was not actually him, and that he had been tricked by the same people before me). It installed something, but I had no idea what at the time, until later that night when I shut down my computer. My shut down sound had been changed. I quickly restarted my computer to see what was wrong. A message popped up that told me my computer had been compromised, and was now in possession of a certain group of people (whose name I shall not say). After the message it started up, with a different start up sound, and my desktop background had been changed. My Newgrounds account had a new password, and I was not able to log on, or send a "Forgot your password" email. Wade helped me get that account back. The virus also disabled system restore, so I was forced to do a system recovery to completely wipe my hard drive.

So now my computer is back to normal, I think. And I will be much more careful in what I download/install.

No comments: